Wednesday 12 February 2014

Sad case

Humans are so hypocritical, when one family wanted a condo, the other family then wanted to for face or some other reasons. Then the other family, when told of this, wanted to withdraw as they could not bear being the neighbour of the other family, always being used to water plants etc. One family basically hated the other or so we were told.

In the end, had to run several times and disturbed plus anger the developer just to help them get their money back and got back full refund i did even though it was more than 1 month. No, i did not gain a single cent from this even if they had not cancelled as this was from developer and all the discounts, i already asked the developers to give to them, the only thing one of them did was to give a big ang pao for my daughters first month.

In the end, now the 2 families are great friends and even go travelling together. They even brought my grandmother into Malaysia without the courtesy of informing my dad, who was the very reason why they had a house in Malaysia in the first place. I am ok to be used or ordered around to help out at least for the sake of my dad but it angered me deeply that he was left out of all this.

Going through so much time and spending so much effort to help them and then they do all this. I never invite relatives to my wifes school event but made an exception one day for my childs graduation, imagine how sad we felt when we were told that they had to see some plants at a nursery and we informed them too last minute. Then another time, the first thing they did once their house (which we helped to select and recommend) was done was to compare houses and say that i must be jealous of how much cars they could park in their house, how their house and land combined was bigger. If i was going to be jealous or worried about that, why would i take time away from my family to help you?

Aside from one of them, what have you ever done for me or my family? Then, after that even better, commenting on things in my house and asking me point blank why i never changed this or that, is it because i have no money? I said straightaway i have no money. Since my army days, my dad has always asked me to see if i can work for this rich relative, i made it a point to struggle, work really hard and never ever depend on these rich relatives. Then the comparison comes,
asking my dad if i even have money for down payment for my cars, etc. Why are you comparing the things that a person in his thirties and someone in his fifties has achieved, its not fair to me and certainly not fair to you?

No one to blame but ourselves for we did what we could as relatives, maybe to them, we were never their relatives in the first place. If anyone ever claims that they are my relatives in Malaysia, please ignore, i have NO relatives in Malaysia.

1 comment: