Saturday 16 July 2011

Alternatives - Phuket

I initially planned to do this in Phuket actually but problem is they only have the 90 years lease thing and you never own the land but the house itself.(House freehold, land 30 years renewable lease but can only renew 2 times) They are clamping down on the "company" way/route to get housing. So i wanted something i can pass on to my son plus my old folks find it a hassle to have to fly. They are worried about food, etc. With the advent of cheap airlines, its actually a short flight to Phuket.

I have lived in Phuket with 3k USD for 2 months(living at house of my friend there) I lived like a king there. Now 3k USD doesn't even last me 2 weeks here as i pay for my family and my dad+mums expenses.

In terms of blending in, Chiangmai/Phuket would be good for locals here as they don't have too many weird beheading religions so if i could choose, i would go there or buy a property there too but then its mainly good for retirement. In JB, i can still work in SG and spend in JB.

1 comment:

  1. There is no other place you can enjoy a decent environment yet with minimal disruption to work as compared to JB. As you rightly pointed out, learn from the FTs and use it as a stepping stone. Phuket is too commericalised already with the hoards of sea-loving ang mohs invading them since time immemorial.

    ReplyDelete