Saturday 16 July 2011


There are always disappointments whereever one may go. Its just how someone learns from it and reacts to it.

If the government can encourage us to send our old folks there (JB) and die, why don't we while we are still young make the move now there or to other countries when we still can make choices rather than later when we have no choice?

I was once replaced by FTs as well as the company i was working for followed the popular drive popularized by our government to outsource.

I was made redundant without warning, then asked to come back as the guys screwed up the sensitive network and database. I was offered a bonus but I didn't go back and managed to find another job.

I know i am one of the few luckier ones and i am not those who take blessings for granted when occasionally a drop falls on me. I am not sure if my luck can continue to hold past age 55.

I really don't want to end up as a taxi driver or a security guard. Most importantly, i don't want to see my kids and parents suffer. I can fall and die tomorrow but i cannot let my family suffer.

I find it sad that Koreans/Japanese support each other in many many countries including our own but in SG and even overseas, we are always trying to put down/discourage each other.

This has to change, we are a dying breed as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment