Saturday 16 July 2011

Questions and answers



Quote Originally Posted by lewlian88 View Post
wuqi,
Thanks much for u to share your experiences of living in JB.
I do have thoughts of shifting to JB (while still working in SG) and had share my plan to parents. Unfortunately, they disagree

a few questions, hope u don't mind sharing
- are SG allow to open a bank account in malaysia?
- ease of fund transfer between SG & MY (vice versa)
- Internet speed & reliability
- what the approx cost of rent, say if I wanted to try out if living in JB is suitable for me?

Thanks!
Sure, i understand. My parents too at one point.
Answers to your questions:

1. Yes we are allowed, when you purchase a property, you will automatically have an account too(at least most banks)

2. Easy, the bank making the loans can make arrangements. You can always open an account with Maybank and have the ease to draw money/transfer both ways.

3. Haven't tried out yet, for now i am using my GSM card for now which i know is expensive until i get the links in. I plan to move in formally once everything is completed and especially once the 7th month is over.

4. This depends, you can get some places as low as 1000 plus ringgit unfurnished and can go to 3-5k depending on whether its a cluster, semi-D


Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
Wuqi,

I do have some questions for u, if u don't mind answering.
I am not familiar with the Tuas crossing as I normally don't use it. This bus u mention between Bukit Indah and Jurong East, is this SBS?
From the Tuas crossing, how long does it take to drive to Downtown JB? Off peak and peak hours?
My main concern with the Iskandar project area is that because its new, I am not sure it has the amenities, makan places, etc. of DT JB.
Hey Papsmearer, i am happy to help. Its Malaysian as far as i know: http://www.handalindah.com.my/servic...3A152832%3A319

For me, you can actually skip JB DT as they are pretty ok at Jusco, Aeon Malls and you can visit Giant too. Of course, if you like to go there, i think its about 25 mins drive from the causeway. They will have a new highway linking both the causeways soon.

Amenities, makan places is pretty well done, i am going to be in the Bukit Indah area, so far everything i need is nearby. Even coffeeshops, chinese incense/josspaper shops, ladies hair salons, barber, car repair workshops, Kumon for the kid, etc.

Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
Wuqi,

Some more questions. How does this fated community thing work? I am guessing that u must pay some kind of monthly maintenance fee for the upkeep of the grounds, security guards, clubhouse, etc. If so, how much is this and is there some sort of enforcement device for owners who don't pay.

I ask this because my brother in law bought a new condo project in KL a few years. After a while, when the developer eased out after selling off all the units, the management company had difficulty collecting some of the monthly maintanance fee. Eventually, if enough of them don't pay, the management had no choice but to cut back on upkeep. Do u see this sort of situation happening in these gated communities?

Also, I am guessing the rule prohibiting for S'poreans driving Malaysian cars in S'pore is still in place? I would assume that there is some where to park ones car when they take this bus into Jurong East. I will cheak their website anyway. Thanks for the link.
Hi Papsmearer,

Yes, its about 100 ringgit monthly but for first 2 years, its waived. Its linked to a golf course and management is still done by developer. Thats why i have put down in my earlier posts not to buy condos in MY.

Even if it happens, you are still in much better shape as its much better than a condo as you don't have
1. Faulty lift to contend with
2. Common rubbish bin overflowing
3. Weird stuff happening doors, etc

Also, they have cafes, etc so they do need to keep it in some acceptable standards.

Right, that rule, so take the bus in and take the MRT from Jurong East or drive from the car parks there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wuji,
    Thank you for your selfless efforts in putting up the "living in JB" thread on the Sammyboy forum. I have been a regular follower and because of the valuable info, we were to convinced to book a place in JB for our retirement. I am sure many, like me, who followed your thread had also eventually decided to buy in JB. You have mentioned that you were also looking into Bangkok and I hope you could also start a similar thread on Living in Bangkok. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete