Wednesday 27 July 2011

Make or break

The fastest way to make (and lose) money for me is still in stocks, i have made and lost the
equivalent of one of my terraces.

It was a sobering moment to be sitting there with more than 150k USD in losses in the span
of one long long night. Worse still back then, was only 29 and the reality of it sunk in. I sucked
in my chest and went on my business as though nothing had happened. Then those around me
especially my parents and siblings couldn't believe it when i told them i lost money.

My siblings were shocked i could take it so well but i told them, whats the point of crying over spilt
milk? I should just concentrate and focus on whats more important and i was pretty sure i would recover
it.

Slowly and surely, one year later, 50% losses recovered. Sold off other stuff and decided to go into
Semi-D here with some stocks left. 6 months, recovered more from stocks, bought cluster. Recovered fully
from stocks and made some extra.

Bought 1 more terrace. Made money from stocks, bought 1 more with sister sharing.

The key thing is never to give up, lots of people will be dead losers if they just gave up after the first multiple sequence of failures they encounter in life.
Life is always about a cycle, every dog has its day.

No matter how good your current run, it will end one day, never bully people when you are on the top, you will never know some day.
The cycle continues

No comments:

Post a Comment