Saturday 16 July 2011

Why i came back to Asia


My family is the reason why i came back, both my dad and mum won't want to live far away from their respective families especially when my grandma is still around. Malaysia is the first step as its the nearest as well as cheapest to achieve and my dad has family over there as well. I want them to be happy while they are still around, nothing else really matters for now.

Hence my first step is to set up a close and relatively inexpensive "hinterland" so that i can continue to work in the same company which gives me great flexibility and time management. (I don't need to go to office every day and unlike most people, i love family time, quantity counts, not only quality time) I have achieved what i wanted at the age of 25 so i no longer feel that $$$ = happiness, plus i lost a kid a couple years back, hence it kind of put a new perspective on life for me.

My 2nd step is to get more qualifications so that i meet the points for migration to NZ as they are ok with NZ but NZ has stricter qualifications requirements. Its not like our SG PR that is so readily given away like some real estate agents marketing tool(read tissues). So i want to set up something for them in MY first, then NZ and then when they have more than 1 place to go to and we have plenty of rental income as a passive source of income. That is what i ultimately want to achieve.

West coast of US/Canada is still something i want to do when i only have my wife/kids left to worry about, that is a bit further back so it remains a viable plan. For now though, since i have more than 4 colleagues in the US coming to SG to work, i think its not a good time to go back for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment